Sunday, May 3, 2009

My own class evaluation

What i have learned and taken away from the class: Gender & Power.

The class itself has opened my eyes to what life is like around the world, not just in my immediate surroundings. It seems as if i was almost naive of what the world is really like, even in my own "backyard". I knew what my beliefs were from primarily my own life experiences and the media.

Actually going into depth is such a world subject has brought me to undertsand and realize just how bad gender and power affects people in a day to day basis, primarily females. Females around the world are abused and treated w/o respect because they are seem as mearly there to please males and be submissive to their every desire. Not ALL men/males believe and feel this way, but the percentage that do have drastically changed how females are to be looked at and treated.

In the end, there is no soultion that will resolve these issues. It is going to take a long time, if there is a time at all, for women to be seen as equal to men in many parts of the world. The main Key for success is to never give up! Females and males will need to continue to fight for their rights and freedom in all aspects, to hopefully gain all their desires and freedoms.

I believe that everyone should be free and have their own beliefs; however, i was also raised in an environment where i have the freedom of speech, so you be the judge, what is right, what really is gender and power. Does a specific gender have the power over another, Does power come from a specific gender or is it a combination, both gender and power have total power not depending on either gender!?

Everyones views affects the outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment